From Manokaran K <manoka...@gmail.com>
Subject getting list of items spanning a time period
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 09:33:56 GMT
Hi,

Am working on an hospital information system using couchdb and node.js. For
this I need to get the list and number of patients in a given time period -
usually a day. I can get the patients who were admitted or discharged in
that time period. How to get the list of patients who were admitted earlier
than the start of the period but who got discharged after the time period
or who are not discharged yet?

Am currently using couchdb-lucene to get this list but would like to know
if there is a way where I can get it from a view - that way I can just
reduce and get the number of patients in a given period. I was wondering if
I should use a scheduler that will create a new 'under_treatment' doc for
every day till the patient is discharged! Or is there a simpler way?

Thanks in advance,
mano

--
Lord, give us the wisdom to utter words that are gentle and tender, for
tomorrow we may have to eat them.