From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with restart of continuous replication
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:15:58 GMT
I recommend using the persistent _replicator replication manager, it
will restart your replication jobs after a crash. POST's to _replicate
with continuous:true will continue until a) the connection is severed
or b) the node reboots, whichever comes first.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication#Replicator_database

B.

On 23 April 2013 03:01, Calle Arnesten <calle.arnesten@codekick.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a two-way continuous replication set up between two servers with CouchDB. About
a week ago we had a DNS problem that caused the machines to not to be able to communicate
for almost 2 hours. My assumption was that CouchDB would automatically try to restart the
replication. When I double-checked this a day or two later, replication was only restarted
for one way and not both. After rebooting the machine the replication started working both
ways again.

> Now my question is: Was my assumption wrong that replication should be restarted automatically?
If not, what could be the cause of it not working? The machine that it happened to have CouchDB
1.2.1 installed.