From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Database 'security' and replication
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:10:33 GMT
Security settings remain local, they are deliberately not replicated.
The idea is that the security settings are under the control of the
owner of the server, it would be inappropriate for someone else to
alter security settings on a remote server.

B.

On 26 April 2013 20:08, Mclean, Adam <adam.mclean@rbc.com> wrote:
> I've set up replication between two hosts to replicate a set of databases.  My replication
user is an administrative user (so there shouldn't be any permission problems), and I've gotten
SSL with certificate verification working.  I've also successfully replicated the _users database
between the hosts.

> One item I've noticed is the 'security' of the database doesn't seem to replicate.  I've
never actually seen this presented as a JSON document in the DB, so I can only describe it
as the 'security' button while in the / of a database.

> On my source server, security shows users and roles.  When that database is replicated,
it's security is blank.  How can I effectively keep these in sync?