From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on durability
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:06:41 GMT
1) No, they will likely be in different orders as the replication uses
multiple connections to improve throughput.
2) Yes but only if you have set delayed_commits to false.
3) Yes, the write happens asynchronously, there's no guarantee it is
durable when you get the response.

B.

On 23 April 2013 20:37, Mark van Cuijk <mark@van-cuijk.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a new project, we're considering CouchDB as an interesting candidate for storage,
mainly because of the good durability properties, support for replication and the continuous
changes feed.

> Regarding durability I have three questions. I found the durability matrix on the wiki,
but the page isn't finished yet. Our setup will be a single client writing to a single CouchDB
server, which is replicated to several other CouchDB servers.

> 1. Can I access the continuous changes feed on each of the servers and will those feeds
serve the same events in the same order?
> 2. Will each server only send events to the changes feed after the data is durably persisted
to hardware storage?
> 3. The batch=ok parameter influences the response to the writing client, but does it
have any influence regarding the answer to the previous question?