From Brad Rhoads <bdr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How To Retrieve JUST The Latest Rev Of A (Design) Doc - Check For CouchApp Update
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2013 04:11:09 GMT
It looks like that a HEAD request should work. But in my code below, it
doesn't appear that either the error function or the success function get
called. Note that async:true doesn't make any difference.

    // Check for application updates

    $('input.updatecheck').live('click', function (event) {

     var geturl;

      geturl = $.ajax({

        type: "HEAD",

        dataType:"jsonp", //need to use JSONP to get to isriscouch

        async: false,

        url: '
http://user:password@ourdomain.iriscouch.com/ourdb/_design/library',

        error:function (){alert("fail!");},

        success: function () {

          alert("done!"+ geturl.getAllResponseHeaders());

        }

      });

      . . .

 });