From Brad Rhoads <bdr...@gmail.com>
Subject How To Retrieve JUST The Latest Rev Of A (Design) Doc - Check For CouchApp Update
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 16:58:15 GMT
We're running a couchapp on TouchDB Android. The app has a "check for
update" option that of course, just starts a replication against the the
version running online. But I'd like to tell the user either "update in
progress" or "no update available."

It seems that I should just need to compare the rev of the local _design
doc against the remote _design doc. Is there a way to request just the _rev
of the remote doc? So far I've only been able to retrieve the entire
document, which in the case of a couchapp is pretty big.

As I was just writing that, it came to mind that I might just be better off
creating a separate document that has a last update/version number in it.

Any other approaches to this problem?

Thanks for the help!
www.maf.org/rhoads
www.ontherhoads.org