From Jeff Charette <ioma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connecting streams to cradle and couchdb attachments
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 03:21:06 GMT
Nevermind all!

Turns out I was looping the changes feed because it would add a change every time I posted,
lol.

Jeff Charette | Principal
We Are Charette
web / identity / packaging

m  415.298.2707
w  wearecharette.com
e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com

On Apr 2, 2013, at 10:49 PM, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I realize I'm talking to myself :)
>
> I've updated it to use nano (way cleaner for attachments) and still have a endless write
loop to couch but file streams ok.  How do I stop it?

> im(result.buffer, v.name)
> .resize(s.width, s.height)
> .autoOrient()
> .stream(function (err, stdout, stderr) {
> 	var writeStream = fs.createWriteStream('./temp/' + fileName);
> 	stdout.pipe(endue.attachment.insert(dd.id, fileName, null, v.type, { rev: dd.rev }));
> });
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff Charette | Principal
> We Are Charette
> web / identity / packaging
>
> m  415.298.2707
> w  wearecharette.com
> e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com
>
> On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:53 PM, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Reformatted post!
>>
>> This is a nodejs question concerning couchdb attachments.  It seems too specific
to post on stack overflow.  Sorry to ask on here!  I have 2 very long days into this so any
help is deeply appreciated!

>> I am trying to connect a write stream from graphicsmagic to a readstream in cradle
in order to send a document I processed with graphics magic to couchdb.

>> /* this makes the files, but loops infinitely */
>> im(result.buffer, v.name)
>> .resize(s.width, s.height)
>> .autoOrient()
>> .write("./temp/" + s.width + 'x' + s.height + v.name, function (err) { // <--
this is the write stream
>> 	if (!err) {
>> 		var attachmentData = {
>> 		  name: s.width + 'x' + s.height + v.name,
>> 		  'Content-Type': v.type,
>> 		  body: fs.readFileSync("./temp/" + s.width + 'x' + s.height + v.name) // <--
this is the read stream
>> 		};
>> 		db.saveAttachment(docId, attachmentData, function (err, reply) {
>> 		  if (err) {
>> 		    console.log(err)
>> 		    return
>> 		  }
>> 		  console.log(reply)
>> 		});
>> 	}
>> });
>>
>> Theses are the docs I am pulling from:
>>
>> https://github.com/aheckmann/gm
>> https://github.com/cloudhead/cradle
>>
>> Is anyone doing this?  Maybe doing it another way?  I don't care whether I use cradle
or not just that I send the processed attachment to couch.
>> Jeff Charette | Principal
>> We Are Charette
>> web / identity / packaging
>>
>> m  415.298.2707
>> w  wearecharette.com
>> e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2013, at 8:22 PM, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This is a nodejs question concerning couchdb attachments.  It seems too specific
to post on stack overflow.  I have 2 very long days into this so any help is deeply appreciated!