From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: Data Visualization
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:00:55 GMT
"Flot" charts is still a thing, and I haven't seen it mentioned. It's
probably a narrower solution than the others mentioned here (it's for
plotting).

http://www.flotcharts.org/
https://github.com/flot/flot

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Stephan Bardubitzki <
stephan@bardubitzki.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded to my question.
>
> I admit I should have been more precisely about what I want to achieve.
> However, in this case I'm glad I didn't, otherwise I properly wouldn't got
> such a great resource of tools/libraries/services to look at.
>
> Stephan
>

> On 13-03-14 11:18 AM, Russell Branca wrote:
>
>> Also, great find with http://selection.**datavisualization.ch/<http://selection.datavisualization.ch/>,
>> very useful!
>>

>> -Russell
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Russell Branca <chewbranca@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Nice, Rgraph looks fun. Canvas is very useful if you get enough data
>>> where
>>> you want to rasterize your visualizations. SVG works very well, but it
>>> creates a DOM node for every data point, so with enough data it get slow
>>> and you need to take a different approach. SVG is far more interactive
>>> and
>>> is just DOM, so it works much better with all the standard javascript
>>> tools. I definitely recommend using SVG until you get enough data where
>>> it
>>> becomes a problem.
>>>

>>> -Russell
>>>

>>> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Dan Santner <dansantner@me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Totally agree with these comments.  My personal experience was with

It

painful to scale.

when working with

visualization? I