From David Coallier <david.coall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Visualization
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:18:52 GMT
Here's my two cents on it:

Depending on what you want to achieve, Google Charts might be good enough.

If you need to perform some analysis, perhaps R and ggplot2 would be enough
for you (Using RJSON and Rcurl) as it's quite easy to fetch information
from CouchDB.

Now, d3js is a project I personal adore and hate at the same time. It is
extremely powerful, but it can be quite confusing and hard to wrap your
head around.

If I were you I'd analyse what is the problem you are trying to solve. For
instance, if your data is mostly time-series based, something like
Cubism.js (Which is powered by d3js) might be interesting for you.

Rickshaw might be enough for you (at least to get started).

Again, considering what problem you are trying to solve is very important.
I'd also take a look at http://selection.datavisualization.ch/ which
contains various tools related to data visualisation that might be quite
useful to you.

I hope this helps a bit.