From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: What does this warning mean?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:36:57 GMT
On 4 March 2013 20:27, TAE JIN KIM <snowebang@hotmail.com> wrote:
> OS: Windows XP Pro with SP 3
> File that used for installation : setup-couchdb-1.2.1_otp_R14B04.exe
>
> Installation was OK, however, I wasn't able to open Futon on newest FF browser.
> It looks like error comes from os_mon..
>
> c:/PROGRA~1/Apache Software Foundation/CouchDB/lib/os_mon-2.2.7/priv/bin/win32sysinfo.exe
>
> Checked this file and it exists...for testing, when I just ran this exe file..
> it executed like this..
>
> in message_loop
> ☺o
>
> BTW, I checked my Event Log....
>
> There are bunch of warning Entry....
> Source:ErlSrv...
> Apache CouchDB: Possible cyclic restarting of erlang machine.
> Apache CouchDB: Restarted erlang machine.
>
> What does this mean?..How do I fix this issue?
> Obviously, sounds like there are some cycling process issue...but no idea how I am supposed
to fix this...

Hi Tae Jin Kim,

Sorry to hear this isn't working for you. Please note that I don't
test CouchDB on XP anymore as Microsoft ended mainstream support in
April 2009.

You can try a couple of things and report back;

1. run couchdb.bat instead of as a service and see if you get more
useful error messages.

2. check if this is a couch or erlang problem

- install R14B04 32-bit erlang from
http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_win32_R14B04.exe to somewhere like
C:\erlang with no spaces in path.
- launch werl or erl shell

    %% what happens here?
    application:start(sasl).
    application:start(os_mon).
    application:start(crypto).

NB if crypto fails then it's most likely a conflicting ssleay32.dll or
libeay32.dll somewhere in your path. Windows XP has some serious bugs
about how paths for DLLs are resolved for services which makes this
very difficult to fix from Erlang/CouchDB side. Later releases are
built statically to help avoid this , I think 1.2.1 was done this way.

3.
Ensure that  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation
is either set to 0 or not present. Changing this will require a reboot
to fix. Then install CouchDB to a *new* path without spaces.

A+
Dave