From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject distributed database
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:35:19 GMT
I've been running a CouchDB instance for quite a while now, but only on a
single machine.  I'm looking at moving my hosting and settings things up in
a distributed fashion.  I was hoping someone could point me in the right
direction for what solutions are current and what solutions may actually
make it into the core CouchDB code base (if any).

I came across couchdb-lounge but as none of the code has been touched for 3
years I'm guessing it's a nearly dead project.

I looked at Bigcouch, but I'm a little unsure how you can modify an
existing system (existing Bigcouch DB) to add or remove nodes.  Also, is
there any automated way of making a single CouchDB database into a Bigcouch
instance?

-Tim