From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hosting Preference
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:55:11 GMT
I think Jan means that there isn't a 1.2.2 release yet, he's just
correcting your terminology. A build from the tip of 1.2.x includes
the rewrite bug fix but it is emphatically *not* 1.2.2. There's a
release process to follow.

B.

On 11 March 2013 14:47, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> fwiw: require() (aka CommonJS) should land this week or next. It's
>> been stalled for ages because we needed a zero downtime upgrade path.
> That is exciting news, what release will this be?
>
>> 1.2.2 is not a release yet. We don’t recommend hosters run pre-release versions
:)

> I totally get that, unfortunely latest stable dies after 3 requests in a row.  Died in
a demo today, sooooo fun :)
> FYI, my upgrade request was for the premium service not for 1.2.2.
>
>> I ran into the very same issue and started hosting it myself. Digital Ocean is nice.
>
> Checking out digital ocean now, looks good.
>
>> Actually, cloudant doesn't have the rewrite bug. Once they get the security features
from 1.2.x I'll be back. :)
> me too
>
> Thanks Jan, Robert, and Lance
>
> Jeff Charette | Principal
> We Are Charette
> web / identity / packaging
>
> m  415.298.2707
> w  wearecharette.com
> e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com
>
> On Mar 11, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> fwiw: require() (aka CommonJS) should land this week or next. It's
>> been stalled for ages because we needed a zero downtime upgrade path.
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 11 March 2013 14:01, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> What is your CouchDB host preference?  Here has been my experience which leaves
me as a loss for hosted services.

>>> Cloudant
>>> - doesn't support newest couch techniques like require and I can't find a tutorial
to port my couch app.

>>> Iriscouch (currently using)
>>> -  I have nothing but love for these guys, but have had a lot of issues lately.
 I've requested an upgrade with no response unfortunetly.