From Mike West ...@data.io>
Subject Re: Hosting Preference
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 04:39:12 GMT
I have been a CouchDB developer (and consumer of hosting services) for
a long time. Over the past few years, many things have changed in the
CouchDB world, but something that has remained consistent is having a
free (for most of us), standards-based hosting platform to experiment
with and depend on. The value Iris Couch, and particularly Jason, has
provided is immeasurable. Database administration is hard, especially
with a platform that is so unique and flexible. I would recommend Iris
Couch to anybody.

I have also been using both Cloudant and Couchbase 2.0 the last couple
months and have been blown away with what these companies have
accomplished. I feel lucky to be part of a community with such talent
and technical diversity. CouchDB is definitely much more than
database... http://caolanmcmahon.com/posts/couchdb_is_not_a_database/

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I figured you guys were under fire.  Glad to hear you are on the other side of that.
 I am still on and sticking with iris and probably will use cloudant too eventually.  I hope
my questions didn't cause any issues, just had to launch 6 months of work and I myself am
under that support load as we speak.  Looking forward to the premium service when you guys
get to it.