From Jeff Charette <ioma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Passing authentication
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:36:03 GMT
I ended up using the admin account from couch to do what I need, but am going to circle back
on this.  I tried that approach by passing the AuthSession already to no avail.  What else
do I need in the header or is there a good doc on this?

Jeff Charette | Principal
We Are Charette
web / identity / packaging

m  415.298.2707
w  wearecharette.com
e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com

On Mar 13, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Stephen Bartell <snbartell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff, the auth is in the headers.
>
> Using externals, your node app will get the request, which will contain the headers,
which will contain the auth.  Have the app pick the auth bits out of the headers and plug
them into the headers of the new requests it is about to make.

> On Mar 12, 2013, at 5:08 PM, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> How do you pass authentication to an outside process?  Is there a way to do this
with headers?

>> My use case is to use externals to pass an already authenticated request directly
to node then have node act as that user on the users documents.