From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: Tracking doc access
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 02:23:59 GMT
One more thing… inserting new doc is also not prone to document conflicts since you're not
updating a document when logging access from multiple threads.

- JK

On Mar 14, 2013, at 7:13 PM, Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com>
 wrote:

> I think you'd be better off tracking access by inserting an immutable document with a
new timestamp and doc._id of the accessed document.

> You could then create a view that 'joined' the timestamp doc with real doc, by emiting
timestamp as key and { _id: accessed_doc._id } as the value then requesting with_docs=true
if I remember correctly…

> Updating doc to append a timestamp would be inherently slow if you have a high volume
of repeat access and cause your views to consistently have to update…