From Riyad Kalla <rka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view crashes chrome
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 16:11:46 GMT
Alex,
I think it would help a lot if you could clarify what you are trying
to do and why.

Your 64mb payload of JSON sounds like it is causing the chrome process
to run out of memory and crash; not a CouchDB issue.

Is there a specific reason you need such a huge payload of JSON at one
time inside the browser?

Folks have provided a few workarounds to limit the return if you are
just testing couch and you mentioned other browsers you tested that
don't crash from it so hopefully you aren't blocked on the tools side.

If you are writing a chrome ext/app that is crashing, you can either
figure out how to give the process more memory (assuming that is the
issue) or query the DB initially for all records without full docs in
the return, then hit couch in batches for the details OR do what
others have suggested and just get the docs in batches.

This is hard to troubleshoot because I don't know what you are
ultimately trying to do.

Best
Riyad

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 4, 2013, at 7:38 AM, Alexander Gabriel <alex@barbalex.ch> wrote:

> using 'limit' would limit what I get, right?
> Trouble is: I need all the data.
> Am I fetching too much data? What would limit the amount of data the view
> can fetch?

> Alexander Gabriel
> Wiesenstrasse 22
> 8800 Thalwil
> 079/ 372 51 64
> alex@barbalex.ch
> www.barbalex.ch
>

> 2013/3/4 Kevin R. Coombes <kevin.r.coombes@gmail.com>
>
>> Actually, you are probably better off use "startkey" and "limit" rather
>> than "skip".
>>

>> On 3/4/2013 12:11 AM, Anthony Ananich wrote:
>>
>>> You probably need to use 'skip' and 'limit'
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/**couchdb/HTTP_view_API#**Querying_Options<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API#Querying_Options>

 doc.Typ ===