From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Fixed precision of floating point number not respected in views
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:33:57 GMT
On 02/21/2013 12:31 AM, Volker Mische wrote:
> On 02/19/2013 09:46 PM, Luca Morandini wrote:
>>
>> Well, there it goes my academic track paper on CouchDB and GeoCouch for
>> FOSS4G '13 :(
>
> I don't understand why this would be a problem for an *academic* paper.
> People should understand the implications of float point numbers.

The issue -for this paper- is the inability to shorten payload by reducing
coordinate precision, not the more general issue of "pretty-printing" decimal numbers.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini