From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Fixed precision of floating point number not respected in views
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 21:39:44 GMT
On 02/20/2013 08:23 AM, Robert Newson wrote:

> The numbers are not being changed, you are simply being exposed to the truth. :)

Nicely and concisely put, though it must be noted that Node.js -for instance-
keeps hiding the truth, hence there is a bit of inconsistency.

But what if I rely on that low-fidelity representation ?
This is a DBMS, people expects to get exactly what they put into it.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini