From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Fixed precision of floating point number not respected in views
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:20:18 GMT
On 02/19/2013 07:05 PM, Luca Morandini wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have stored fixed precision numbers in a database, but when they are spit out by
> a view, the precision is full, and -which is worse- the trailing decimal digits
> are not all zeroes.

In the CouchDB: The Definitive Guide", I have found out that "most clients" would
interpret, say, 15.7 as 15.69999999999 (or so), which I suppose is exactly what I
observed... but what is meant as "client" in this context, a view engine ?

Anyway, any view to tune this feature of the JavaScript view engine ?

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini