From Stephen Bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database per user architecture couchapp
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:07:33 GMT

On Feb 22, 2013, at 12:58 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2013, at 21:46 , Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how setup database per user in a couch app?  Wouldn't this just
give admin access to the main db?

> People use background processes to create databases on demand. You can manage them with
CouchDB’s “Externals” system. Listening on the _users db’s _changes feed and acting
on that is common pattern.

Wasn't externals replaced with daemons?
http://couchdb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/os-daemons.html

> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>

>> I am trying to setup up a basic user signup, then give them protected docs.  I have
it working for a whole database, but ran into trouble with attachments.  Many have also warned
of the security issues of protecting your docs with secure_rewrites.