From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database per user architecture couchapp
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:24:50 GMT
if you can use another couchdh then rcouch [1] has the module
couch_dbupdates [2] which ahs been specifically done for that purpose.

Also in rcouch you have the view changes [3]  wich allows you to get
notifications when the index is updated. This is a real view changes
and not the current hack in couchdb, all sequences are incrementally
indexed. This view changes allows you to make efficient filtered
replications without the need of having one db/user. You can also
validate reads [4] if you need it.

Not to say that rcouch is fully compatible and based on couchdb 1.3.
I'm actively working on porting the rcouch core to couchdb.

Hope it helps,

- benoƮt

[1] http://rcouch.org
[2] https://github.com/refuge/couch_dbupdates
[3] https://github.com/refuge/rcouch/wiki/View-Changes
[4] https://github.com/refuge/rcouch/wiki/Validate-documents-on-read

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how setup database per user in a couch app?  Wouldn't this just give
admin access to the main db?

> I am trying to setup up a basic user signup, then give them protected docs.  I have it
working for a whole database, but ran into trouble with attachments.  Many have also warned
of the security issues of protecting your docs with secure_rewrites.