From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I've just released a first preview of couch_normalizer
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:47:52 GMT
That is awesome, Alex!

This is the thing I always dream when our document schemes receives
new  update and there is need to apply they for large amount of
databases. Trick with local database mirror and replications works,
but it's not very fast.

Few questions:

1. What happens it normalization fails due to some reasons? For
example, due to conflict update. Have I start whole normalization
again in this case or it will just write few notes about conflict in
logs and will try apply script to document one more time?

2. Is it possible to receive final result of the normalization job and
error description if it fails? Continuous querying _active_tasks looks
not optimal and it's possible to miss the moment when normalization
fails.

3. Only Erlang and Elixir migration scripts are possible, right? Or
it's possible to use any scripts that supports CouchDB stdio
communication protocol? I suppose many of us who faced same problem
already have Python/Ruby/whatever-lang scripts that successfully
handles scheme normalization and well tested. It would be helpful to
not force them made whole job again.

--