From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject http equivalent of curl example
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:32:29 GMT
Hi

The couchdb docs are full of examples using curl.

My problem is, I'm a noob and a windows user. And I am programming using
Javascript, not Curl (I suspect most of you are?).
Well, I have spent quite a while sitting in front of all these examples
scratching my head and wondering how to write them in http. I'd better just
ask an example:

What would this here: curl -d '{"keys":["bar","baz"]}' -X POST
http://127.0.0.1:5984/foo/_all_docs?include_docs=true

be in http?

I have tried this:
http://127.0.0.1:5984/foo/_all_docs?include_docs=true&id=["bar","baz"]

In case this is correct then maybe it did not work for me because my array
contains hundreds, sometimes thousands of id's which is why I am looking
for a way to fetch them all in one request.

What would the best way be to fetch hundreds of docs of which you know the
id and can't use a view? (other than opening every on single)

My use-case: Importing big lists into a couch. The data in the uploaded
.csv-files comes with id's and has to be inserted into the corresponding
docs.

Cheers
Alex