From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: database per user architecture couchapp
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:35:42 GMT

On Feb 22, 2013, at 22:55 , Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So this would force me to host my own couch as opposed to using iris couch?

you could run script on heroku/nodejitsu etc. that would connect to your Iris Couch instance.

Cheers
Jan
--

> Jeff Charette | Principal
> We Are Charette
> web / identity / packaging
>
> m  415.298.2707
> w  wearecharette.com
> e   jeffrey@wearecharette.com
>
> On Feb 22, 2013, at 3:58 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 22, 2013, at 21:46 , Jeff Charette <iomatix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know how setup database per user in a couch app?  Wouldn't this just
give admin access to the main db?

>> People use background processes to create databases on demand. You can manage them
with CouchDB’s “Externals” system. Listening on the _users db’s _changes feed and
acting on that is common pattern.

>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>

>>> I am trying to setup up a basic user signup, then give them protected docs.
I have it working for a whole database, but ran into trouble with attachments.  Many have
also warned of the security issues of protecting your docs with secure_rewrites.