From Jay Clark <jcl...@maf.org>
Subject RE: Attachment upload progress
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:51:36 GMT
This is a CouchApp that is running inside TouchDB-Android. The file picker is something we
implemented ourselves because Android WebView does not provide one.

Let me know what other details you might need.

Thanks,
~Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Alfke [mailto:jens@couchbase.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:25 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Attachment upload progress

On Feb 12, 2013, at 8:49 AM, Jay Clark <jclark@maf.org> wrote:

> Is there a way to monitor the progress of an attachment as it is being uploaded into
a CouchDB document? A standard callback or something (_changes feed? _active_tasks?) to know
how much of the file has been uploaded?
> I'm trying to show a progress bar to my user that shows upload progress for files (especially
large ones) as they are being attached to a CouchDB document.

You haven’t said what platform/API this is for. The replies so far all assume this is an
HTML5 app (aka CouchApp). If that doesn’t apply to you, you’ll need to give us more details.

—Jens