From Stephen Bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database per user architecture couchapp
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:20:22 GMT

On Feb 22, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Martin Higham <martin@ocasta.co.uk> wrote:

> Daemons didn't replace externals.

This line:
It is intended to replace the [external] mechanism.

from this wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ExternalProcesses

led me to believe that something about externals would be phased out in favor of os daemons.

> There is no way to configure a daemon to
> handle a URL without an Apache or nginx server doing the routing. External
> services can also receive authenticated user contexts. The downside with
> externals is no Iris Couch, no Cloudant and no Big Couch which is all a bit
> of a nuisance.

what, no BigCouch?! [tires screeching].  I'm assuming that this will be worked out come 2.0
time?

> F you want an example of a external process for managing one database per
> user have a look here - https://github.com/ocasta/CouchDB-Selfservice

Thanks for this link!