From Stephen Bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database per user architecture couchapp
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:24:39 GMT

On Feb 23, 2013, at 1:04 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM, Martin Higham <martin@ocasta.co.uk> wrote:
>> There is no way to configure a daemon to
>> handle a URL without an Apache or nginx server doing the routing
>
> There is nice solution for this by using CouchDB as proxy:
> http://davispj.com/2010/09/26/new-couchdb-externals-api.html

This is real sweet.  You can have the proxy update its routing table based on what in _config.
 Alternatively, you can listen to a database which provided the routing table.

The thing I still don't get about externals, however, is when/where can I get the userCtx
of an authenticated user into my process?

Sorry Jeff, I know this is digressing from your original question.