From "Johannes J. Schmidt" <schm...@netzmerk.com>
Subject Re: futon as a couchapp
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:47:25 GMT
On 02/28/2013 09:26 PM, Jeff Charette wrote:
>> I recently wrote a tiny little grunt plugin (for current grunt 0.4),
>> based on the same directory layout convention as couchapp / erica. It
>> just compiles a design document and sends it to a database.
>> Grunt makes it very easy to built such a tool with 100 lines of code.
>>
>> https://github.com/null2/grunt-couch
> Nice work, great start.  I would love to see options for minifying when pushing to production
and maybe some helpers for reading in documents.
> Like this http://kan.so/docs/Working_with_JSON_data .
thanks :)
It's all there!
The idea is to use other grunt tasks for this, grunt-contrib-concat,
grunt-contrib-uglify, grunt-contrib-cssmin, grunt-contrib-htmlmin,
grunt-contrib-jade - the whole stack (grunt-contrib,
http://gruntjs.com/plugins) to manipulate the source files and then put
them to a location where they can be compiled into design documents by
grunt-couch.

> Also would love to hear peoples thoughts on package management for couchapps.  Maybe
another thread.  I guess you could use npm, but then how do you know if it will work with
couch in a couch way.