From James Marca <>
Subject Re: replication on touchdb and authentication
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:51:19 GMT
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:05:10AM -0800, Jens Alfke wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2013, at 10:45 AM, svilen <> wrote:
> > mmh. i bet i never asked for about the credentials at all.
> You asked about passwords, which are the most common form of credential[1].
> > so in your words, how to make the replicator use the
> > persisted-session-state cookie instead of re-auth?
> *shrug* it’s automatic. NSURLConnection has a shared cookie store used by all instances
in the app. So if you make a request to the remote server (using NSURLConnection, or a page
loaded in a UIWebView) that causes a session cookie to be set, then the replicator will implicitly
use it. Just be aware that ten minutes later when the cookie expires, your replication will
start failing with a 401 status. Then you’ll have to redo whatever you did, to get a new
session cookie.

Will the cookie expire even if the replicator is using it
(implicitly)?  I *thought* that cookies reset their timeout timer on
each use

> —Jens
> [1]:

View raw message