FWIW:  BrowserID is now Mozilla Persona… and it is very awesome… especially if you understand how the security works by making it impossible for your IDP to track where you are logging in at (as opposed to OpenID and OAuth).

I use the plugin for my project (Learning Registry), however I strongly recommend that you NOT use the included browserid.js in your CouchApps or web apps, and link to the one provided by Mozilla.  They change it frequently enough that I've had it break authentication on more than one occasion which which required hacking the plugin.  The include is available via http and https.

- Jim

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering