From Herman Chan <herman...@gmail.com>
Subject user role changes does not update during filter
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:47:03 GMT
Hi all,

New to CouchDB, please bear with me.

The problem I currently have is that I have a listener in my app that listens to the _change
feeds with a filter.  In side the filter, it uses the user context and the user's roles to
determine if a document should go through the filter or not.

The problem:

So, I have a external process (NodeJS in this case) that adds the user's role and create a
new document that within the new user role.  I was expecting that the change feed will notify
me that there is a change in the database with the new document.  However, I can only see
the change when I restart the change feed.

This tells me that the user's roles in the filter is cached somehow, is there any way to invalidate
this cache?

Thanks,
Herman