From John Accoun <json...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compilation_error Expression does not eval to a function
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:43:44 GMT
Here's some more input:

I tried to compile from source on my workstation which also runs debian
(LMDE)

It appears that the spidermonkey version present in debian is too new.

---
configure: error: Your SpiderMonkey library is too new.

NOTE: Check above for an error about NSPR

Versions of SpiderMonkey after the js185-1.0.0 release remove the optional
enforcement of preventing anonymous functions in a statement context. This
will most likely break your existing JavaScript code as well as render all
example code invalid.

If you wish to ignore this error pass --enable-js-trunk to ./configure.
---

I'm afraid ignoring this error as suggested by the configure script, will
force me to change all my views.

ATM I don't have any available environment to compile couchdb. Are there
any binaries that I can just download and run?

Alternatively, I could use some help compiling couchdb with all the
dependencies in the right version.