From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: [osx] installing 1.3.x branch via brew
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:02:44 GMT
On 29 January 2013 21:50, Anthony Ananich <anton.ananich@inpun.com> wrote:
> I have macports installed and on this reason I'm afraid that couchdb
> from brew could conflict with couchdb-devel from macports. May be you
> know if is possible to install both of them at once or not?

Possible maybe, wise definitely not.

While macports is /opt/local/ and brew is /usr/local, surely the shell
will have one set before the other and who knows what the compilers
will end up using for pre-requisites like icu and spidermonkey.  I'm
pretty sure one will conflict with the other.

It should be easy to adapt the changes I made in the couchdb.rb recipe
to macports if you want to push it upstream, it's based off the 1.3.x
DEVELOPERS file.

A+
Dave