From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication by view
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:03:51 GMT
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:13 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In rcouch the implementation is different this is a real view changes:
> each
> > time a change is indexed in a view an event is sent. All changes are also
> > indexed in a btree so you can use a since= parameter. It is working like
> > changes on the document database but on an index.
>
> I thought rcouch was just a distribution of CouchDB, not something with
> significant implementation differences? The readme on Github doesn’t imply
> that it has any new features over CouchDB. Where could I learn more about
> this feature?

right the website [1] tell more than the website. I will fix that. You can
find some doc about this feature on the wiki [2]. There are some other
features in rcouch like the validate on read or some internal changes to
allows the hot upgrades.

> (I’m curious because this sounds similar to what I’m working on for
> BaseCouch, aka the Couchbase sync gateway — in our case it’s more
> specialized, a kind of efficient filtered replication by tags attached to
> documents.)

If your interested in  the implementation you can have a look in this
commit [3] .

> —Jens

Hope it helps,

- benoît