From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: general question about couch performance
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:27:40 GMT
Hi Mark!

Have you tried to tweak httpd options? In local.ini there is their definition:

[httpd]
; Options for the MochiWeb HTTP server.
;server_options = [{backlog, 128}, {acceptor_pool_size, 16}]
; For more socket options, consult Erlang's module 'inet' man page.
;socket_options = [{recbuf, 262144}, {sndbuf, 262144}, {nodelay, true}]

For example, disabling Nagle algorithm through {nodelay,true} socket
option may dramatically change rps value[1].

That is about network operations. For disk one there is
delayed_commits option, but it requires to suffer data durability for
some speed and actually it's not recommended to keep them him with
true value.

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/issues/detail?id=193#c22
--