From ishi soichi <soichi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: installing couchdb on MacOS Lion fails
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 07:36:58 GMT
the problem was permission
mkdir: /usr/local/var/run/couchdb: Permission denied

I have thought about it a while, and realized something. When I newly
started this MacBookAir after purchased, I mistakenly set the root
password.  Then, I have took some steps to reset the password and key
chain.  I think the permission and ownership were messed up at that time.

sudo chown -R myname /usr/local/var/

did solve the problem. Now couchdb starts without problem.

Thanks for all your help!

soichi