From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: general question about couch performance
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:25:20 GMT
> Do you have validate_doc_update in some design document

No, but I use an update handler for every update.  I coded the handler so
that I can send the DB an update to an internal field, even a nested one,
and it reads the doc, does the update, and saves it.  I really like this
feature.  It also reduces conflicts because of the faster turnaround and
less http traffic.  It is almost atomic.

I just found out that my medium server only has 1.7 gigs of ram.  I just
bumped up to a large with 7.5 gigs.  Even thought the large server has a
little less cpu, the DB runs much better.  I assume the file system cache
has some breathing room now.

I feel guilty that I've caused all this because of a lame mistake in server
choice.  However I have really learned a lot and appreciate all the
feedback, which I'm going to implement, even though my app runs decently
now.