From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject general question about couch performance
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:17:06 GMT
My couchdb is seeing a typical request rate of about 100/sec when it is
maxed out.  This is typically 10 reads/write.  This is disappointing.  I
was hoping to 3 to 5 ms per op, not 10 ms.  What performance numbers are
others seeing?

I have 35 views with only 50 to 100 entries per view.  My db is less than a
gigabyte with a few thousand active docs.

I'm running on a medium ec2 instance with ephemeral disk.  I assume I am IO
bound as the cpu is not maxing out.

How much worse would this get if the db also had to handle replication
between multiple servers?