From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: User registration and email confirmation on CouchDB
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:24:31 GMT
FWIW:  BrowserID is now Mozilla Persona… and it is very awesome… especially if you understand
how the security works by making it impossible for your IDP to track where you are logging
in at (as opposed to OpenID and OAuth).

I use the plugin for my project (Learning Registry), however I strongly recommend that you
NOT use the included browserid.js in your CouchApps or web apps, and link to the one provided
by Mozilla.  They change it frequently enough that I've had it break authentication on more
than one occasion which which required hacking the plugin.  The include is available via http
and https.

- Jim

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International
t.	@nsomnac

On Jan 25, 2013, at 5:11 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com>
 wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Pulkit Singhal <pulkitsinghal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> @ Marcus - Thank you for your strong affirmation. I suppose I might have
>> let the lack of "we have email confirmation" being spelled out on the main
>> read me page, throw me off.
>
> BrowserID addresses _are_ email addresses, and the authentication is based on verifying
ownership of the address. So any ID you get through BrowserID login is a verified email address.

> BrowserID is very cool; I’ve been adding support to TouchDB and the Couchbase Sync
Gateway (aka BaseCouch).