From "Michael Zedeler." <mich...@zedeler.dk>
Subject Re: Refactoring a CouchDB.
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 05:15:57 GMT
Hi Dave.

I find this discussion very interesting - I have a few questions
regarding complexity.

On 2013-01-17 14:32, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> The main constraint is that replication filters need to be run per
> document, per replication. So N replications requires N passes through
> all the documents, ie N^2. And in your case most of the documents will
> not be replicated to a given user.
To be more precise: given N documents, M replication filters and K
replication runs, the complexity is N*M*K, right?

If N and M is in the same order of magnitude, you can safely assume N*M
is N^2, but if there is just one replication filter, the complexity is
just N (which shouldn't be surprising)?

So the issue is that if you want to replicate to a large number of
users, you get a large value of K?

Regards,

Michael.