From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject Re: serious problems w/ new install - SOLVED
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:56:25 GMT
Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> Hi Miles,
>
> Thanks for this weighty investigation.

De nada. Had to get the system up. :-)

> The wiki pages were being updated for 1.3.x but it looks like we'll
> need a separate section for each release of debian/ubuntu.

Unfortunately, probably for each combination of:
{CouchDB Release}{Erlang Release}{Debian/Ubuntu Release}

Though it can be simplified just a bit by not describing source builds
of Erlang and SpiderMonkey for the cases where the packages are
sufficient.  I.e.,

CouchDB-latest on Debian Stable, Wheezy, Sid, Ubuntu equivalents (at
least through 1.2.1 CouchDB builds on the Debian Stable packages, per
the instructions in the Tarball

If you want, I can contribute instructions for 1.2.1 on the latest Erlang.

Miles