From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: replication by view
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:40:19 GMT

On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:13 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> In rcouch the implementation is different this is a real view changes: each
> time a change is indexed in a view an event is sent. All changes are also
> indexed in a btree so you can use a since= parameter. It is working like
> changes on the document database but on an index.

I thought rcouch was just a distribution of CouchDB, not something with significant implementation
differences? The readme on Github doesn’t imply that it has any new features over CouchDB.
Where could I learn more about this feature?

(I’m curious because this sounds similar to what I’m working on for BaseCouch, aka the
Couchbase sync gateway — in our case it’s more specialized, a kind of efficient filtered
replication by tags attached to documents.)

—Jens