The apache list seems to work… Why change? It's easy to search via Markmail… Maybe someone should place a link for searching the archives with it somewhere?

Additionally, you do realize that Google groups basically requires (or creates) a G+ account nowadays right? Not sure what the benefit other than building a more 'social couchdb forum' on G+ would be. IMHO the Google Groups wouldn't be any different than the apache list - other than you'd be fragmenting the user base. Google Groups is also somewhat painful to search - they can be indexed w/ Markmail too.

BTW… if you are participating on this list… you ARE doing social… just not the FB, G+, Twitter way… but the old skool email way. Sorry to disappoint.

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International