From John Accoun <json...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I open access to my databases?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:19:39 GMT
I've been reading about authentication but it appears that is not yet so
extensively documented. I need some help in here, red the guide section
about it and the wiki page, but none of them covers permission in enough
detail for me to be able to follow it.
For example, this wiki page,
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview
it mentions roles but doesn't explain what they are or where they can be
defined.

I messed things up  quite a bit while experimenting with permissions. I
tryied to create an an admin for a database using curl, and I think that
ended up closing non-autenticated acess to that database.

I was using couchdb as a bucket for serialized objects. Futon is a very
practical data browser, but I want to start creating a basic couchapp with
some basic views.

With erica I can't push without specifying user credentials. I can't browse
futon either unless I sign in with an admin account. I could do this before.

I'm in a controlled environment, security is not an issue. If possible I
would like to open the permissions as much as possible and worry about
access control later if the application really needs to be deployed in a
production environment.
How do I do this?

Thank you.