From Michael Parker <michael.g.par...@gmail.com>
Subject Copying a .couch file on a live database?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 07:14:14 GMT
Hi all,

If I have a database that is performing create/update/delete operations on
documents, and I use cp to copy its .couch file on an ext3 filesystem, will
my copy be corrupted or have any inconsistencies? Looking at how the .couch
file is always increasing in size, and given the whole revision system
employed by CouchDB, I'm thinking that it employs some append-only logging
-- so maybe yes?

Thanks,
Mike