From Will Heger <will.he...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: growable arrays in reductions
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 00:42:09 GMT
Yes, I grasp the principle, just struggling a bit with the "in practice" part.

A truly unbounded array is not really what I'm envisioning here.  In
practice, it maxes at no more than 20.  So it's kind of like a 20 slot
array containing elements of perhaps 5 bytes a piece, maybe smaller.

I was reading back to this thread...

http://couchdb.markmail.org/search/?q=reduce_limit+error#query:reduce_limit%20error+page:1+mid:4gkkwxmag6ejhngk+state:results

...with numbers like 200B and 4KB being thrown around.  I'm never
anticipating more than 200B really.

Funny, I was just thinking that if I didn't get a good answer on the
mailing list, I might e-mail Cloudant :)

Thanks,
-Will