From Jake Hertenstein <jake.hertenst...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Wiki correction
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:26:17 GMT
Sorry if this is a duplicate but I think I sent this before I was added to
the list...
See following email for change request to Wiki.

Best regards,
Jake Hertenstein

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jake Hertenstein <jake.hertenstein@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Subject: Wiki correction
To: user@couchdb.apache.org

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_OSX
Regarding following quote, I believe there should be a "sudo" before "find"
as my user did not have correct permission to find the folders:

Using a terminal, set permissions as follows:

RELAX=/usr/local
sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb $RELAX/etc/couchdb
$RELAX/var/lib/couchdb $RELAX/var/run/couchdb $RELAX/var/log/couchdb
sudo chmod -R 770 $RELAX/etc/couchdb $RELAX/var/lib/couchdb
$RELAX/var/run/couchdb $RELAX/var/log/couchdb
find -X $RELAX/etc/couchdb $RELAX/var/lib/couchdb
$RELAX/var/run/couchdb $RELAX/var/log/couchdb -type f | sudo xargs
chmod 660
sudo cp $RELAX/Cellar/couchdb/1.2.0/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.couchdb.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/

Best regards,
Jake Hertenstein