From "nicholas a. evans" <n...@ekenosen.net>
Subject Re: Options for Iterative Map Reduce
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:55:05 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM, svilen <az@svilendobrev.com> wrote:
> i dont know if it can help, but i found that u can include
> local_seq=true in the view options, and that will expose
> doc._local_seq as the last change# of the doc. which eventualy
> can skip some steps below..

Thanks.  I had completely forgotten about that feature.  It looks like
it would simplify my "modified incremental" approach... unfortunately,
on further analysis my modified incremental approach is suffering one
major flaw: it can't delete *missing* view rows.  Using local_seq
would make it easier to find updated view rows, but would still not be
able to detect missing view rows.  The (slow, naive) update
*everything* and three-db-couch-incarnate approaches seem to be the
only way to incrementally delete missing view rows from the chained
DB.  Or a view changes feed.

--
Nick