From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding `_bulk_docs` atomicity [Was: Re: How to find the change sequence of a document's revision]
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:16:19 GMT
Well, there's a core design goal that if your application works on a
single CouchDB node, it'll work in a 100 node CouchDB cluster without
modification. This requires us to prevent you shooting yourself in the
foot. It's why you can only atomically update a single document, etc.
I owe the wiki a detailed and accurate explanation of the post-0.9
all_or_nothing:true behavior too (as soon as I relearn what it is!).

I understand the basic idea, though, and there is a desire to better
modularize the internals. We'd like you to be able to take the core
code (the database engine itself) and build on top of that. It won't
be CouchDB, but it will leverage proven code, and you could build even
the original all-or-nothing semantics with it.

B.