From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documented API does not work.
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 10:01:40 GMT
Crashing a single erlang process is a far cry from crashing the server, Alex. :)

"Then fix it"

Scott is right that we should return well-formed error responses and
not stack traces (We're not J2EE, for goodness sake) but some error
conditions get missed. Admonishing those that report errors is not
kind, nor in the spirit of our community. Omitting the leading slash
in the path of an HTTP request line is pretty unusual these days
(because it's mandatory and almost everyone uses a library of some
sort) but that's just a fancy way of saying it's a blind spot in our
(well, mochiweb's) error handling. Quite fixable.

Merry Christmas!

B.